This is a regulated product and requires a medical license to purchase. Can only be shipped to CA, NV, and AZ.
Learn About Ethicon Chromic Gut Suture, Absorbable, Size 3-0, FS-2, 27""
Surgical Gut Suture is an absorbable, sterile surgical suture composed of purified connective tissue(mostly collagen) derived from either the serosal layer of beef (bovine) or the submucosal fibrous layer of sheep (ovine) intestines. Surgical Gut Sutures are available in plain or chromic. Surgical Gut Suture is indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation, including use in ophthalmic procedures, but not for use in cardiovascular and neurological tissues.
Users should be familiar with surgical procedures and techniques involving gut suture before using surgical gut suture for wound closure, as the risk of wound dehiscence may vary with the site of application and the suture material used. Physicians should consider the in vivo performance when selecting a suture. The use of this suture may be inappropriate in elderly, malnourished, or debilitated patients, or in patients suffering from conditions which may delay wound healing. As this is an absorbable material, the use of supplemental nonabsorbable sutures should be considered by the surgeon in the closure of sites which may undergo expansion, stretching or distention or which may require additional support. As with any foreign body, prolonged contact of any suture with salt solutions, such as those found in the urinary or biliary tracts, may result in calculus formation. As an absorbable suture, surgical gut may act transiently as a foreign body. Acceptable surgical practice should be followed for the management of infected wounds. Do not resterilize. Discard open packages and unused sutures. Certain patients may be hypersensitive to collagen or chromium and might exhibit an immunological reaction resulting in inflammation, tissue granulation or fibrosis, wound suppuration and bleeding, as well as sinus formation. For complete product details, please see Instructions for Use.
Ethicon Chromic Gut Suture, Absorbable, Size 3-0, FS-2, 27" Features:
- Ethicon, a leader in medical supplies, offers Surgical Gut Suture, an absorbable suture made of purified connective tissue from either beef serosa or the submucosal fibrous layer of sheep intestine
- In vivo tensile strength retention and absorption rate of Surgical Gut Suture varies based on suture type and endogenous factors such as tissue site and whether infection is present
- Natural absorbable, size 3-0, brown, 27" (70 cm) suture
- 90 day absorption rate
- Reverse cutting, FS-2 (19 mm), 3/8 circle needle
- Sterile, factory sealed box of 36 sutures
|Quick Description||3-0 GUT CHROMIC Naturally BROWN 1X27" FS-2
|Absorption Rate||90 Days
|Needle Length||19 mm|
|Pack Strand/Length||1 x 27"|
|Needle Point Type||
Cutting Edge Reverse
Shipping, Payment, & Returns
Bttn provides free shipping on all of our products. Expected delivery times range from 7-14 business days.
Payments are accepted via card, check, or PO.
If you are paying by check, please promptly send all checks to 146 N Canal St Suite 300, Seattle, WA 98103.
If paying by PO follow the steps below:
1) Ensure that your Purchase Order correctly reflects the order placed on bttnusa.com
2) Download your organization's PO to your computer
3) Open your email application
4) Create a new email with the subject line "Bttn (Order #)" PO
5) Add email@example.com as the recipient
6) Attach your organization's PO
7) Press Send
30-day return policy.
You can request a return up to 30 days after receiving your item. To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, you can contact us. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
Contact us for any return questions at firstname.lastname@example.org