Learn About the Abbott BinaxNOW RSV Card Test
RSV is the most common cause of severe respiratory illness in young children. The BinaxNOW RSV Card Test is one of the easiest to run on the market today and helps reduce the spread of infection.
BinaxNOW RSV Test Overview:
- SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE: Easy-to-follow instructions. Can be used with either nasal wash or nasopharyngeal swab samples.
- SEE RESULTS IN 15 MINUTES: Convenient, fast results anytime, anywhere.
- FOR CHILDREN UNDER 5: Indicated for use in children under 5 years old when administered by an adult.
- REASSURING: Parents can be given critical care instructions before leaving the pediatrician’s office.
BinaxNOW RSV Card Test Specs:
- Needs to be stored at room temperature
- Has a shelf life of 24 months from the date of manufacture
- Can test nasopharyngeal swab or nasal wash samples
- 22 Test per Kit
- Time to Result: 15 minutes
Why test for RSV?
- Annually, there are over 50,000 hospital admissions for children nation-wide.
- It is difficult to clinically differentiate RSV from other serious respiratory viruses.
If your BinaxNow RSV test results window has any of the following, the test result may be invalid:
- No lines appear by control or sample
- The control line is blue and not pink/purple
- There is a pink/purple line by sample, but no line by control
- The control line is blue, but the sample is pink/purple
If any of the above BinaxNow RSV test issues arise with your antigen test, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to help or answer any further questions.
BinaxNOW RSV Card Test FAQs
How many BinaxNow tests come in a package?
Each package of BinaxNOW RSV Tests comes with 22 test cards, transfer pipettes, positive control swab, negative control swab, Elution Solution and NP patient swabs, and procedural card.
Do I need an RSV Test?
Healthy adults and older children typically do not need to test for RSV, as the symptoms presented will likely be mild. For infants, younger children, and adults of 65 years, testing may need to be done after moderate RSV symptoms appear - such as fever, wheezing, serious cough, or difficulty breathing.
What do I do after I am done with my BinaxNOW RSV Test?
After you've tested yourself and have your positive or negative result, you can toss everything but the product box into the garbage can. The box is recyclable, so please properly dispose of it.
Do BinaxNOW RSV Tests expire?
Yes. It is recommended to use your BinaxNOW RSV test within 24 months of the date of manufacture.
Is the BinaxNOW RSV Test FDA approved?
This test is both FDA Cleared and CLIA Waived.