Made to endure high temperatures and dental procedures, these round tungsten carbide dental burs are tough, durable additions to any dental practice. Built for high-speed friction grip handpieces. Surgical length burs provide greater visibility during extractions, root canals, and other oral procedures. The high-quality material makes them suitable for smooth finish cutting work related to cavity preparation, metal filling removal, and bone shaping. Can also be used to create access points, undercuts, or channels for luxator blades in extraction.
- Made from high-quality carbide, stands well against wear and tear, chipping, and breakage.
- FG Friction Grip - High Speed
|Shank Type||Friction Grip|
What are the 3 uses of surgical burs?
- Cavity Prep
- Cutting Bone and Endo Access
- Soft Tissue Trimming
What is a Luxator?
A luxator is a dental instrument with a knife on the end that’s designed to cut fibers and loosen ligaments before the process of extracting teeth begins.
How long are surgical length burs?
Surgical length Carbide Burs Dental are roughly 20-50% longer than regular length burs – helps with visibility during procedures.
What are carbide burs used for in dentistry?
Carbide Burs Dental are used to cut and chip away at the tooth structure – leaving a smooth finish – to aid in oral procedures.
What are inverted cone burs used for?
Inverted cone dental burs are used for making undercuts in crown preparation and restorations.
What is a Dental Bur ISO?
A global ISO (Internation Organization of Standardization) numbering system was implemented to build consistency among dental bur manufacturers. The ISO code includes a 15-digit number that’s broken down into 5 3-digit segments (head diameter, grit, shape, material, shank and length).
How are dental burs classified?
Burs are classified based on the bur head shape, grit size, type and diameter of the bur shank, the material of the dental bur, and the maximum head diameter.
What are the most common types of dental burs and their uses?
- Pear-shaped – cavity preparation
- Inverted-cone – undercuts
- Conical – chamfering
- Wheel – occlusal shapes and deep cuts
- Flame-shaped – contouring, and shaping
- Bell-shaped – cutting, grinding, and removing tissues
What’s the difference between a diamond bur and carbide burs dental?
- Diamond burs grind teeth down, whereas carbide burs chip away at teeth
- Diamond burs create a rough surface and carbide burs leave a smooth surface
- Carbide burs are able to withstand higher temperatures
- Carbide burs are made of tungsten carbide (3x stronger than steel)
- Carbide burs can cut through metal
Are tungsten carbide burs single use?
Dental burs are available as either single-use or multi-use. If purchasing multi-use be sure to properly sterilize the burs between uses.
What is the length of a 245 bur?
The head length of a 245 bur is 2.9mm.
Other Products You May Like
bttn offers a variety of shipping options to best fit your orders. All orders over $199 include free shipping. For those under $199, a $3 fee will be added, while those under $99 will have a $6 fee added for shipping. Products weighing over 100lbs will be marked in our system as “freight collect” and someone from our team will reach out to you directly to confirm shipping costs. For more information on our shipping policy, please refer to our shipping policy page.
Payments are accepted via card, check, or PO.
If you are paying by check, please promptly send all checks to 424 2nd Ave W, Suite 700 Seattle, WA 98119.
If paying by PO follow the steps below:
- Ensure that your Purchase Order correctly reflects the order placed on bttnusa.com
- Download your organization's PO to your computer
- Open your email application
- Create a new email with the subject line "Bttn (Order #)" PO
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org as the recipient
- Attach your organization's PO
- Press Send
Most of our products ship out within 24-48 business hours, depending on availability. If you wish to cancel your order, you must request a cancellation the same day your order is placed. Please contact email@example.com with your order number to request a cancellation. After your cancellation has been confirmed, you will be issued a refund to your original form of payment. If your order is shipped before cancellation is confirmed, you will not be able to cancel your order.
Damaged or Defective Products
Please inspect your order upon receipt and contact bttn immediately if your product is damaged, defective, or incorrect. If your product is damaged, you need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org within 72 hours of receiving your order. Please include your order number, a description of the issue, and a photo. If damage is reported after 72 hours, your product will no longer be eligible for return. Additionally, if a photo is not included in your correspondence, we will be unable to verify eligibility for a prepaid return label.
bttn will only accept returns up to 14 business days after your delivery date. Your product must be returned in the same packaging, condition and quantity it was delivered.
If your product is eligible for return contact email@example.com In the email, place the order number in the subject line, include a brief description of the reason for returning, and attach any applicable pictures.
bttn will not accept returns for the following products:
- Any item which has been used after opening, stickered, marked, defaced, or is without all original packaging, labeling, package inserts, or operating manuals
- Products that are regulated and/or require a medical license to purchase
- Products that are refrigerated
- Products labeled ‘hazardous’
- Products labeled ‘sterile’ or ‘sterilized’
- Products used to analyze human body tissue
- Products containing hazardous chemicals
- Products that are non-stock (product status is 14-21 Days) or have been drop-shipped (product status is 7-14 Days) directly from the manufacturer non-stocked
- All brands of COVID tests
- All discontinued products
- All narcotics and other controlled substances
- All syringes
- All short-dated (e.g. less than 90-day shelf life), outdated, or seasonal products
- N95 Masks - N95 masks are designed to fit securely on the face and may cause discomfort, bruising and or broken skin on the bridge of the nose. bttn will not accept returns on
- N95/KN95 masks due to the way the may fit or feel while wearing them
Upon receiving your return request, our supply team will determine if your product qualifies for a return based on the above guidelines. Customers are responsible for the shipping costs associated with returning the product, unless the product arrived damaged (please review damage products policy above) or you received the wrong product.
If your order qualifies for a return label (products that are damaged or defective within policy terms), our supply team will issue you a return label through email. You will have 14 business days to drop off your product at the designated courier location.
The product will be inspected for quality assurance upon delivery and a refund will be issued to the original form of payment. Once the refund has been issued it can take up to 7-10 business days to reflect on your original form of payment.
Any requests to return products after 14 days from receipt will be denied.